This morning we jumped off the back of the boat and paddled over to this righthander that had some windless pearlers coming through. As it was early morning and I have acclimatised to the tropics, I was wearing my Alope Sea Safari one piece suit.
Here are my thoughts from the roadtest:
- I really like the sweetheart neckline and cap sleeve design. I have had rubbing under the arms from this before though so today I smeared a fair amount of papaw ointment underneath and had no soreness or rubbing whatsoever.
- There is enough stretch in the suit for bending and movement through turns etc.
- 1mm neoprene kept me a perfect temperature, even as the wind picked up.
- My only thought is if the waves are bigger and pushier (I`ve only surfed in it in smaller swells so far) the more open neckline may gather more water when duckdiving bigger amounts of whitewash, creating drag.
- Overall: a good suit, especially if you want to have something different in your surfwear wardrobe.
*Photographs by Jade Rogers. April 2012, Maldives.
For more information on Alope, check out our interview with creator, Sarah Brown, here.